Wow, I haven't done this in a while. Let's catch up!
When i last wrote something here (2 years ago), i was a brand new dad working hard on wrapping up Pipe Push Paradise. In the year that followed, I made another puzzle game called Hiding Spot and built an interactive children's book that is no...
Pipe Push Paradise is almost done! It's coming out January 19th, 2018 for PC, OSX and Linux (add it to your wishlist on Steam here). PC Gamer wrote an article about the game, which already exceeds the attention I expected it to get, so that was really encouraging.
So! Here's what I did over...
The game now has its first trailer! and a release date(ish)!
It felt like a good time to start spreading the word that this thing exists and is coming soon. Aside from the trailer, here's what got done this week:
- Set up store pages on Steam and itch.io, which will be public soon
Hey! Hi. Here's this week's progress:
- Restructured the puzzle sequence
- Made the colours more warm and vibrant and saturated
- Fixed a couple of bugs
- Several changes to the sound design
- Redesigned the title screen / settings menu
- Redesigned the credits sequence
- More reward feedback
I'm going to try to make this a weekly thing, on Wednesdays. Maybe. So, here's what I've been up to over the past week:
- Added some subtle A/V reward feedback when you solve a puzzle
- Tweaked some of the artwork
- Edited one puzzle to remove an unintended dull solution
- Added some quality-relat...