Hey! Hi. Here's this week's progress:
- Restructured the puzzle sequence
- Made the colours more warm and vibrant and saturated
- Fixed a couple of bugs
- Several changes to the sound design
- Redesigned the title screen / settings menu
- Redesigned the credits sequence
- More reward feedback
I spent most of the week on that first bullet point. Here's a before and after of the world map:
Teo Zamudio (the game's artist) made a ton of foliage art which you can see adorning the game's title screen here:
It's become clear that my spacey ambient synth score doesn't suit the game at all, so I've scrapped it. It will be replaced by a solo spanish/bossa nova guitar score, also provided by Teo. My score was fine, but a bit uninspired. This will be so much more special.
I'm aiming for a January 2018 release, that feels feasible. More on that soon.